Offering competitive letting rates for a complete managed service. Alternatively we can find a tenant for a fixed fee.
We are very proud to announce that First Step are the Number 1 Lettings Agent in our local area. Laura & Gaye will be only too happy to assist with your choice of service options from First Step.
The two options we offer our clients:
Package 1 – We manage the entire process:
We handle the payments from the tenant to ourselves and place the deposit into the Governments mandatory deposit protection scheme.
We in turn, on a monthly basis pay you the rental received less our commission rate, less any ongoing maintenance work. We will then ask trusted contractors known to us to quote for the works to be done. We then send you these to approve before any work is carried out, unless they are relatively small amounts (which you may want us to proceed without authorisation at a pre-set limit).
After the check-in we undertake approximately 3 monthly property inspections. When the tenant wishes to vacate, we can instruct the optional checkout inventory, advise on refreshing the property after normal wear and tear and aim to re-list the property and minimise any void period. Generally, we are given plenty of notice by the outgoing tenants so we can re-list the property and have someone move in just after the last tenant has moved out, once again to minimise any non-rental void period.
Full Management & Letting service:
- Over 2 decades of rental experience
- Thorough honest & reliable approach service from start to finish
- Quarterly inspections with report/checklist provided to give you peace of mind
- Associated with dedicated and highly regarded Property Maintenance Services Team
- Very competitive rates/fees with no hidden costs
- In-house property management
- Available 7 days a week from 8am to 8pm
- Evening and weekend viewings
- All tenants need to adhere to our strict criteria using online reference software
- Successful in achieving best possible rate of rental income.
- Many long-standing reliable tenants
- Professional internal and external photographs taken of each property
- Each property advertised on Rightmove, OnTheMarket, Zoopla and Prime Location
- All viewings accompanied by a Lettings member of staff
- ARLA Tenancy Agreement
Package 2- Tenant Find Service:
We recommend a full inventory of the property to be done by yourself, but from experience we would recommend an inventory specialist carries out this on your behalf. Our inventory specialist takes very detailed notes which are signed by the tenant upon check-in. In our opinion we feel that having this done would be beneficial if any damage is done to the property, this detailed document could be used in arbitration. Pricing on request.
As the landlord it will be necessary for you to provide an up-to-date Gas Certificate, which will need to include all your gas items such as a boiler, gas hob, gas fires etc. Gas Certification should be done on a yearly basis. We can arrange for this to be carried out on your behalf by a reputable Gas Safe Engineer. Pricing on request.
We advise you to ensure that you can provide an up-to-date Electrical Certificate. Certification last for 7 years. If your current certificate is out of date, we can arrange for this to be carried out for you. Whilst this is currently not a statutory requirement, it is the Landlords responsibility to ensure that all electrical equipment in the property is safe. Pricing on request.
There are now legal requirements that each floor of any rental property has a carbon monoxide alarm. These are available at your local DIY store or our Property Services Team can supply and fit these for you. Pricing on request.
Finally, an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) is required for properties when constructed, sold or let.
We continually strive to make renting your property easier for you. Whether you are a landlord with a property to let, or a tenant looking to rent your next home, we are here to make the process as stress free as possible – don’t just take our word for it – Please read the testimonials opposite.
• Sound and trusted advice • With no compromise on quality • A local service you can depend onDOWNLOAD – TOP 10 TIPS FOR BUY TO LET VIEW PAST LET PROPERTIES
We aim to be available when you need us, we are here before and after working hours Monday to Sunday 8:00am to 8:00pm.
As an independent flexible Estate Agent our costs are keen, and any savings are happily passed onto our clients. We are office based so do not incur the overheads of a high street shop, this means we keep client friendly hours instead of shop hours. With our refreshing honest approach, we can help you put the fun back into achieving your goal within our local property market.
- Potential purchasers can call us Monday to Sunday 8:00am to 8:00pm.
- All viewings will be carried out by a professional team member familiar with your property, (not casual weekend staff – who have yet to view your property).
- We are flexible and will meet all prospective purchasers at your property to suit yourdiary and lifestyle schedules.
- We attract more buyers as our ‘shop door’ never closes.
- Unlike other agents we offer late evening and weekend viewings to suit the busylifestyle of our clients especially commuters.
LauraSales & Letting Executive
GayeSales and Letting Executive
“Just wanted to say a huge thank you to you and your colleague in managing to get my empty flat let in this incredibly difficult period. I really appreciate your efforts and I am kicking myself for not having got back in touch with your agency sooner. Stay safe and well.“
“Just wanted to Express how pleased we were with our experience of First Step lettings. From the initial enquiry to moving in, the service we received was truly exceptional. A truly efficient and 1st class company to deal with. Highly recommended.”
“I have been using First Step for the past three years to manage my letting property and I’ve been extremely impressed with the service they provide. Not only do they put my concerns first, they also ensure that all aspects of my property are looked at, before, during and after tenancy has ended. They’ve also been extremely helpful in assisting me with last minute requests such as gas safety certificates, EPC reports etc. A really good team who understand each other’s portfolios well, so no need to keep explaining yourself if another team member answers my call or email. Keep up the good work and I look forward to working with you all. Thank you for everything you do!”
“Since renting our property on Fairfield Park with the First Step lettings team I have been really impressed with their professionalism, dedication and attention to detail. Whichever member of the team I have dealt with It has always been a very positive experience. “
“Yours is a great price for Gas Safety Certificate, you’re one of the best agents for taking care of landlords’ interests too, so thank you!”
A STEP ABOVE OTHER AGENCIES
Contact First Step