Terms & Conditions
- The Colouring competition (the “Competition”) is open to children living in the immediate local area to First Step (Arlesey, Stotfold, Henlow, Fairfield, Langford & Henlow) in the UK aged between five and nine years old (“You”).
- To enter the Competition, a member of the First Step Community Team will drop off some printed sheets to your school for you to colour in or use the back to design your own Dream home picture.
- To enter the Competition when your picture is finished hand back to your teacher and on the 10thSeptember, these will be collected from your school again by the First Step Community Team.
- When submitting your Competition entry, You MUST provide your name, age, school name and class on the front or back of your picture. We will only use this information in relation to the Competition (including checking your eligibility to enter) and will not use it for any other purposes whatsoever. We will not keep this information for longer than is necessary for the operation of the Competition.
- You may only send one entry to the Competition.
- We will be giving prizes to Age 5-6 and 7-9 – Winners and both their schools.
We must have all entries in for the 10th September am as these will be collected that day from reception.
Picking the winners
All entries will be judged on colouring ability and imagination by a panel of local judges.
The winning entry will be the one that the judges consider to be the most original, creative and well-executed.
The judge’s decision will be final and made after collection of all entries returned to the offices on 10th September 2019. The decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
Publishing the winning entries
The names of the winners will be published on the First Step Facebook page Twitter/Instagram and website. The schools of the winning students will be notified of the winners.
You own the copyright to your Competition entry as its author.
By submitting an entry to the Competition, You give First Step a. Permission for your entry to be published on their Social Media and website and grant First Step a non-exclusive, royalty-free, Nationwide licence to republish your Competition entry in electronic format and hard copy for purposes connected with the Competition; and b. The right to use your name, age and town of residence for the sole purpose of identifying You as the author of your entry.
Getting consent from an adult
Sending in an entry to the Competition means that You accept these Terms and Conditions, which are the rules of the Competition. You should check with your parent or guardian that they are happy for You to enter the Competition based on these Terms and Conditions.
At this point First Step does not require consent in writing from a parent or guardian of the authors of the winning entries. But to enable us to publish and use the winning pictures in social media we will require and email consent prior to giving prizes or publishing the winning pictures.
If First Step does not receive written consent (which may include e-mail) from the parents or guardians of the authors of the winning entries, then we may award the prize to another entry for which we are able to gain such consent.
The Winners of Age range 5-6 and 7-9 will both win a £50 Amazon Voucher and £100 cash donation to the school each attend. Each will have their drawing published on our website and social media.
Some other rules
Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted.
We take no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any other reason. Your entry will not be returned to You.
No purchase is necessary.
The Promoter of the Competition is First Step, Waterloo Farm, Stotfold Road, Arlesey, Beds SG15 6XP. Any complaints regarding the Competition should be sent to this address.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of First Step for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
First Step accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by You as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. First Step further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to You or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
First Step reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of First Step in all matters under its control is final and binding.
First Step shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control.
Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
The Competition will be governed by English law.